CHIM-A-LATOR TopSealing Damper
The CHIM-A-LATOR Deluxe easily mounts on top of a masonry fireplace flue and is operated by a convenient, adjustable regulator installed on the side wall of the fireplace. It is far more efficient than conventional cast iron dampers and the ideal replacement for old defective fireplace dampers. Proven for over 40 years to be the most trouble free top dealing damper.
Materials and Construction
- Type 304 Stainless Steel
- 24 gauge cap
- 20 gauge damper rail
- 18 gauge frame and expanded metal screen
- Available unfinished, powder coat black, or powder coat copper
Measures 10 7/8” top to bottom
2.5” over-hang on hood
See catalog for frame dimensions
- Available with ¾” or 5/8” stainless steel expanded metal screen
- Available to fit all standard flue tile sizes from 8” x 8” to 24” x 24”
- Custom Sizes Available
- .018” inner wall of 304 stainless steel on BioVent for wood pellet.
- .018” inner wall of AL29-4C (super-ferritic) stainless steel on BioVent for bio-fuel.
- .018” outer wall of aluminized steel.
- Powder coated black pipe for superior finish and durability.
- Factory installed high temperature silicone gaskets at each joint.
- 3” & 4” inner flue diameters available for rigid pipe for stoves.
- 3” & 4” flexible liners for inserts
- Type L Low Temperature Venting System Listed UL641 ULC/ORD C441-1992, ULC S609-M89.
- Report No. 369-P-01B-2
- Lifetime warranty on all stainless steel caps
- 5 year warranty on all galvanized caps
- All caps are a full 8” in height, minimizing flue restriction which may cause back smoking in the chimney.
- 5/8” expanded metal available for California and other local code requirements
- Crown mounted and perimeter mounted caps available
- Custom caps available
- Copper and black powder coat available on all caps
- Weld nuts where screws are installed provide secure attachment to chimney
- Stackable caps available
- Square and round caps available